Hi there 👋, my name is David Cordero.
I am Engineering Manager at Zattoo and I feel very passionate about technology, digital privacy, trains, and Fridays.
I joined Zattoo in 2016 as a tvOS and iOS engineer. Since then I have been working in the development of our Apps for tvOS and iOS. A development based on shared frameworks that allow us to share code between iOS and tvOS with a high level of testability and scalability.
Since January 2022 I am working as Engineering Manager in the team, a position that allows me to ease the development of the team and to represent our decisions to our stakeholders.
Since 2012 I worked in Schibsted as a mobile developer, for both iOS and Android platforms. I worked in a very agile team with development based on pair programming and using SCRUM or Kanban methodologies. I also had the chance to learn a lot about software architecture, clean code, and testability.
In Schibsted I had the chance to work with people from all over the world, which allowed me to discover different ways of working and thinking.
In June 2010 I joined Mirada PLC, as a C++ developer for Linux Embedded systems.
In this position, I had the opportunity to work in the development of a brand new IPTV platform for Euskaltel TV. A platform built from the scratch and based on Qt library.
I joined Alcatel-Lucent (currently part of Nokia) in 2008, as C and C++ developer for Linux Embedded systems.
In Alcatel, I worked in the development of an IPTV platform. I was part of the team implementing the software of the set top boxes for Imagenio (currently rebranded to Movistar TV).
In this position, I acquired experience in Linux development and also knowledge about the different network and video protocols. I used cross compilers, in addition to Linux sockets, threads, DLNA, UPNP, and concurrency management.
You can find here some of the Open Source projects that I created:
- TvOSScribble, handwriting numbers recognizer for Siri Remote.
- Rubustrings, script to check Localizable.strings files of iOS Apps.
- FocusTvButton, light wrapper of UIButton that allows extra customization for tvOS.
- TvOSTextViewer, light and scrollable view controller for tvOS to present blocks of text.
- BlurFace, swift component that allows blurring faces in an UIImage quite easily.
- iBadajoz for android, a simple android App with information about my hometown.
- iBadajoz for iOS, a simple iOS App with information about my hometown.
- ScrumPoker, is a scrum planning poker App, designed to run on the Librem 5.
- SiriRemoteView, is a custom UIView representing a Siri Remote device.
- SwissTransport.NET, .NET Standard library for the Swiss public transport API.
- SwiftyVersion, a simpler way to manage Versions in Swift.
I also contribute often to Open Source projects, here you can find some of these contributions:
Fastlane, VLC, Mantle, Badge, Timepiece, Colors, TvOSMoreButton, Snap.swift, terminal-notifier, SwiftRateLimiter, Tuist, Base32, etc…
- Personal blog
- Linux+ Magazine: Escritura estable en NTFS desde Linux
- Linux+ Magazine: Aplicaciones libres en la empresa
- How to Manage a Remote Team
- Tech Career Skills: Moving from Developer to Engineering Manager
- The Hero Camp Product Training Day
Do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com for any further information.